General strengths and weaknesses do not exist. Some skill are vital for a role of a manager, but completely irrelevant for a role of a teacher. You should choose for your interview answer a strength that matters in teaching, and a weakness that is not essential for this particular role.
Strengths to choose from:
- communication and social skills
- patience, responsibility, tolerance
- ability to solve conflicts, high level of emotional intelligence
- creativity and enthusiasm for the job and the students
- ability to explain difficult things in a simple way
- ability to connect with children, on a personal level
Weaknesses to choose from
To say that you are over-friendly with children is a good answer (and a typical one).
Other good option is to choose a subject you do not like to teach, for example Math, or a subject you struggle with a little. If you decide for this answer, however, you should not forget to elaborate on your answer, saying that you always try your best in every lesson, regardless of the subject you teach.
Your attitude is the most important thing for the interviewers.
I have good listening skills, and I believe to understand the emotions and problems of children. Benefiting from this ability, I was able to connect with the children other people could not connect with. From my weaknesses, I would mention computer skills. I need to improve on them, and I attend evening classes to learn to work with the most common software programs.
People call me creative, becasue I always have some new ideas. Children are rarely bored with me in the classroom, becasue I always try to make the lessons engaging, and interesting for them. But I do not like to teach Math, and I know I could do better when teaching this subject. That is something I want to work on in the course of my teaching career.
Next interview questions:
- Do you think we should treat students equally?
- Why do you want to become an elementary teacher?
- Can you name the main problems teachers face nowadays?
- What is your opinion on information technology in class?
(Check the homepage for the entire list of questions)